Sunday, October 12, 2014

My Hope is in You!

  
Hope is the topic of this week's Spiritual Journey Thursday (or Sunday in my case!).  Hope is such a powerful word and I believe it goes hand in hand with last week's topic: trust.  I don't believe you can have one without the other.  Because I fully trust in God, I have hope.

Hope in what, you might ask.  Well, that is a loaded question, and one that has many answers.  I have hope that:
  •  I will once again see loved ones who have gone before me
  •  my life has meaning and serves a purpose in God's world
  • God's truth will find it's way into the heart of those who need our Savior
  •  the fear and anxiety that resides within me will someday loose it's power 
  •  my students with special needs will some day live in a world where they are accepted for the unique, beautiful children they are
  •  that God will use me to spread His Word through my actions, words and deeds
  • Jesus will come again!



This is certainly not an exhaustive list.  I could probably go on for awhile.  But you get the picture.  I can live in this world that is in chaos, that is full of hate, fear, violence, greed and intolerance.  I can live in this world with joy, love, empathy, and perseverance because my HOPE is in Jesus Christ.  My HOPE is in the home He is preparing for me when my time of serving Him is complete.  That hope allows me to see the light in this world, along with the darkness.  Without HOPE, it would be bleak, indeed.  



1 comment:

  1. That is a powerful list, and I HOPE (wait with confident expectation) to see them all come true for you and all of us!

    ReplyDelete