Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Keeping My Joy Today

I am struggling today.  Struggling to make healthy choices, struggling to be cheerful, struggling to be positive and struggling to just keep my head above water.   And the honest truth is, I can't really tell you why.  Today is no different from yesterday or the day before.  The same realities that I faced yesterday I am facing today.  My stress is no greater, my burdens no heavier and my life no more overwhelming.  Yet today feels different.  Today I have less resources to handle the stress, burdens and priorities.  I feel sad, broken, challenged and incompetent.  

But the amazing thing is, I still have JOY.  It would be so easy to go to these dark places and let the emotions take control and win.  But regardless of my inner or outer turmoils, despite the times of feeling helpless and out of control, I have a joy the lives within me.  It is the Holy Spirit and my days would be be dark, indeed, without It.  I can find joy every day, in any circumstance, because of this presence and I am grateful beyond words.   

We all have these days.  Days when we just can't see any light.  Days when the burdens seem too overwhelming to handle.  Days where it's a struggle just to smile.  It's part of being human.  It's a part of our reality and the world we live in.  And today is just one of those days.  But I still have joy.  And I will face what is left of this day with the knowledge that I will wake up tomorrow to face a beautiful new day, full of hope and promise.  

And I will have JOY!

6 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) to you, my friend! And thank you for this inspiring message even, or more accurately, especially on a darker day. You are the Joy for so many others as well! Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all experience those days. You're not alone. Chances are there's someone else out there feeling the same way, but sometimes we choose not to express it because we don't want anyone to feel sorry for us since we're trying to find JOY in the little things to make our days a little brighter! :) Hang in there. Love your graphics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words and support Jen. This too shall pass .

      Delete
  3. I had a similar experience a few days ago. All the joy, vision, and excitement I normally feel was out of reach. I tried to determine why, but had no tangible answers. In that moment, I felt like a fraud. I felt as though my usual joyful demeanor was a ruse, a mask I unwittingly created to cover the "real me" that was now exposed. Vision-less. Listless. Dull. Taking hold of truth (scriptures that remind me His word is greater than my heart, circumstances, or feelings), I was able to eventually see the moment for what it was - part of my own broken humanity. I accept that while I'm no fraud, I am broken, and I'm okay with that, because since He is greater, I am safe to be less.
    Thank you for vulnerably sharing your raw emotions, and for courageously taking hold of joy in the midst of dark clouds.

    ReplyDelete